Monday, March 8, 2010

Menopause and Sleep

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.  But it turns out that menopause just goes on and on.  It's enough to make you wish for the good old days of cramps and annoyance.

But I'll also bring some good news about sleep - if you are a regular reader you might remember this post about my sleep despair and how I conquered it - and I just want to report that although other symptoms returned with a vengeance after getting a period, I'm cool on the sleeping.

Now I'm working on hot flash reduction.  Any ideas?


 
 

2 comments:

  1. If only! But I do think that evening primrose oil helps to take the edge off the flushes.. but only if you take lots.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do a bit of research on Evening Primrose Oil and report back. In the meantime, I'm trying to eat a bit more soy and getting a cool drink when they start up.

    Owlette

    ReplyDelete