Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 1 - I Am A Heifer

How did this happen to me? I got on the scale and I have gained 100 pounds over the past 16 years. I'm tired and crabby and hate my clothes (that's right - it's the CLOTHES) and I don't even recognize myself. I'm a good person! I donate to charity! I volunteer! I help my family and friends! I vote!

HOW. DID. THIS. HAPPEN? I am a total heifer.

I'm totally going to kick some ass over this. Only I think that the ass that needs kicking is my own.

The thing is, that I already know it all. Oh yes, how to eat right, portion sizes, exercise, blah blah blah. I know that I am supposed to love my body the way it is. That there are lots of nice clothes in plus sizes. That true beauty is within. I'm an inspiration to others with my vast store of knowledge. They come to me and I give great advice on working exercise into your daily routine; on cooking healthier; on loving your self just the way you are.

But if you don't even feel good in your own skin, something's gotta give.

Oh, and here's another thing. I saw the last episode of the Biggest Loser. In the before pictures the people look miserable and unhealthy. And wearing bicycle shorts and sports bras is just not a good look on the overweight. And then I realized that I weigh more than some of the contestants. Ergo, my before picture would be worse.

My Beloved has said flatly that she thinks I'm going to die if I don't do something.

It's not like I sit around eating bon-bons all day. I walk a lot (but that's all.) If I lived someplace where I went everywhere in a car I would probably weigh twice as much! And it's not like I don't know about nutrition - I eat a lot of healthy foods, with lots of variety. Hmmm - maybe it the "lots" that's the problem?

HOW. DID. THIS. HAPPEN?

So I am going to let my Beloved be a sort of trainer. Ha. She has no idea what she is getting into.


Current Stats as of 4/27/08

Weight: 227
Bust: 46"
Waist: 41"
Hip: 53"
BMI: 40.2

No comments:

Post a Comment